FYI: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we earn a commission if you click through and purchase. See our Affiliate Disclosure for more info.
Playing ping pong is one of my favorite things to do, but I don’t always have someone available to play against. So when I learned about ping pong robots that allow you to play on your own schedule, well they sounded too good not to investigate.
The best Ping Pong Robots should have the ability to spin the ball and be programmable. In addition, it should have a sufficient ball capacity or auto ball recycling, as found in the Newgy Robo-Pong 2055. This is a great feature that allows continuous play.
To help you make the right buying decision from the wide selection of ping pong robots available in the market today, we spent days comparing the best ping pong machines and came up with a list of the five best training robots that will help improve your game.
If you have been playing table tennis or recently developed an interest in this game, you know the importance of having a good paddle and ping pong table. However, to really improve your game you need to practice often and it’s a challenge to find an opponent as dedicated as yourself.
You need to push yourself and improve your game to physically and mentally sharpen your skills. Constant practice with a consistent training partner that never gets tired or bored and makes you work with quick, intensive, and long-lasting training sessions is the best way to go. What better serves this purpose than a ping pong robot?
Best Ping Pong Robots
1. HP-07 Training Robot – Top Choice
If you want a ping pong ball robot with the largest ball capacity, the HUI PANG-07 is one of the best choices for you, but its massiveness is not the only thing it is known for.
Apart from the incredible capacity of this ping pong trainer, the HUI PANG-07 is also among the best ping pong training robots for its price in the market.
It comes with 36 different types of spin, and its lightweight of 3.5kg makes it very portable when empty. It is easy to move to your preferred training location.
Its remote control makes it convenient and easy to tweak the settings without having to move away from the table. Its set up is easy, and you can choose to either double or single-serve depending on your level of play.
While you can still decide the position of the HP-07 trainer, but it does not have a fixed falling point. This ping bong machine can use different spin combinations and one of the best ping pong trainers for beginners. Click here to see the best price.
2. The ZXMOTO Ping Pong Training Robot – Best Wired Controller
Boasting of an integrated ball container with the capacity of housing about 120 balls, the ZXMOTO comes with easily configured settings with a wired controller, so you get to program the frequency, speed, reverse spin and everything else.
ZXMOTO makes use of international standard balls of 40mm diameter, which indicates its compatibility with most available ping pong balls in the market.
If you are looking to get a ping pong machine with a unit that serves balls for basic practice, you will love the ZXMOTO Robot.
It is an excellent choice for a beginner. The ZXMOTO Robot is a basic, simple and straightforward unit that feature the least necessities, which allows you to learn new strokes without programming or any entangled set-up.
The ping pong trainer is very easy to set up, use, take down and makes practice fun. The angles are adjustable and excellent for practicing different kinds of catches.
This ping pong robot is among the best, and its price is very fair. It is suitable for getting a good workout and increasing the level of play. The machine serves as a great exercise companion to improve your experience with the table tennis game. It is among the best for beginners at a fair price. Click here to see the best price.
3. CHAOFAN 36 Spins Machine – Best Ping Pong Robot for Newbies
As one of the few training robots with the highest capacity for table tennis balls, CHAOFAN 36 Spins is a great tool for any table tennis game enthusiast who is looking to test and improve their skills with a table tennis training robot.
With very easy and time-efficient set-up, this table tennis training robot is a great automatic ping pong training machine.
After a complete set-up, it can be used to generate different kinds of spin; side-spin, topspin, and backspin, which is good for practicing different returning balls.
Whether you are an amateur, intermediate player or you are just working on improving your skills through constant practice, CHAOFAN 36 Spins Ping Pong won’t disappoint you.
It comes with the fixable ball dropping and it is extremely useful for training with different moves. If you are looking for the best ping pong robot with the best value for money, hassle-free, and easy installation that you can be used to create a comfortable zone for yourself and family member.
With a wired remote control system, it is easier for you to operate various functions. So you no need to leave the table anywhere. It allows you to set a better position in consideration of your personal preferences and position.
It can be used for beginners because the frequency can be easily adjustable frequency makes its good choice for beginners. The various setting allows you to program the speed, frequency and the arc of the ball, which allows it to send the ping pong balls to any direction of your choice. Click here to see the best price.
4. GDAE10 – Best For Intermediate Players
With lots of attractive features, the GDAE10 Automatic Table Robot is a great product to improve your game. Its design is intelligent, and it can make up to nine kinds of spinning balls.
The GDAE10 Automatic Table Robot serves multiple spins at different frequencies and spins. The ping pong robot is very easy to install, and you can easily adjust the position of the machine to suit your own convenience.
This is compatible with all types of ping-pong balls and is easy to transport and store. Furthermore, the robot is very lightweight, easy to store, and transport.
With the wired remote control, you can easily operate it and choose from oscillation, backspin, topspin, and ball frequency. The ping pong robot is compatible with every ping-pong balls and also comes with a net, which allows you to have a better practice session. Click here to see the best price.
5. Newgy Robo-Pong 2040+ – Best Catching Net
Due to demand, Newgy has brought a more extensive range of robots to the market to cater for affordability and different player skill set.
The Newgy Ping-Pong 2040+ is a wonderful robot and an upgrade on The Newgy Robo-Pong 2040. It is designed to provide you with an all-round practice.
It is also a little bit more advanced than other models. Newgy Robo-Pong 2040+ is a great choice if you want an entry-level ping-pong robot with a budget-friendly price.
This is a well-built, sturdy robot that can generate different types of spins and can as well hold up enough balls to last for several minutes of non-stop play. Non-stop play even more guaranteed due to the side nets.
The side nets are meant to capture and recycle your returns. While testing this ping pong robot, we discovered that the speed could be modified and the position of the ping pong machine can be adjusted too.
Also, setting up the Newgy Robo-Pong 2040+ only takes about five minutes, and there are no other tools needed. The control and flexibility over trajectory, speed oscillation and spin of this advanced ping pong machine make it even smarter than playing with your training buddy. Click here to see the best price.
How To Get The Best Ping Pong Robot
This guide covers the features you need to look for, limitations and benefits of such devices and everything you need to know concerning choosing the best ping pong robot that can effectively help you with your ping pong practice for the best possible performance.
How We Picked: Things to Consider When Choosing a Ping Pong Robot
With different types of ping pong trainers in the market today, it may be confusing and hard for you to decide which one to get.
However, the following considerations below can help you make a better decision on which best ping pong machine to go for:
Level of play
This is the most important thing you need to watch out for when purchasing a ping pong robot. Is refining your ball-striking and form all you need to work or do you only need to simulate match situations or practice against spin? The robot you choose must-have features that will suit your playing style and level of play. The more expensive robots come with advanced features for professional players and people actively seeking to up their game. If you are a casual player, a robot that just serves and returns the ball will be the right fit.
Are you using the ping pong robot for personal use, or would it be serving a training purpose for a club or multiple people? While a few robots are free-standing, the majority of them are attached to the edge of a table tennis table. The standing robots are easily moved for easy storage or moved somewhere else where they are also needed.
Oscillation is likely the most desired feature anyone would be looking forward to in their best table tennis training robots. This is an important feature that allows randomized ball delivery.
Cheaper robots come with a horizontal oscillation that makes the machine randomize the direction of the balls servings between each shot. This makes training sessions more difficult as shots become less predictable. The vertical oscillation comes with expensive models. It can as well randomize other settings of the ball such as frequency or speed.
Random oscillation allows the robots can imitate the unpredictability of your real opponent perfectly. This way, a skilled opponent is not likely going to have a recognizable pattern you may have already been familiar with and can take advantage of.
There are different features that come with ping pong trainers, and they strongly depend on your practice needs but it is crucial that you take this factor into consideration when you are trying to choose the best ping pong trainers to buy.
Drills programming ability, refill nets, and hopper capacity are amenities that separate quality ping pong machines. While these features may add to your cost, they can add effectiveness to your practice sessions. This way, you won’t have to spend much reloading, which allows you to practice more.
Depending on their features, table tennis trainers range from fifty thousand dollars. Knowing the things you can expect to get or enjoy in a certain ping pong trainer will help you get a robot that is worth your money.
We strongly suggest that you focus more on functionality in your best ping pong machines, notwithstanding the price because this is an investment into your table tennis game. You can opt for a cheap robot now and get an expensive one later in the future or whenever the need arises for it, but you may end up paying more by then.
Other features you need to look out for in the best robots are ac powered or power-powered, wireless or wire remote robots, ball capacity, spin types, recycling system, shots selection, speed, ball frequency, double-end serve, portability, programmability, and brand.
However, we suggest you also do some self-research, after everything you have learned here today to assure you that the information on the ping pong training robots provided here is up-to-date and accurate.
You just have to bear in mind that buying the best ping pong robot is always prudent if you are serious about ensuring progress in your levels. Also, by doing this, you won’t have to worry about incurring other costs or making another purchase shortly after.
Focus more on better product functionality and quality too because it’s more rewarding in the end. We hope you find your desired ping pong machine and be sure you have fun while training with your new Ping-Pong robot.
What Is A Ping Pong Robot And How Does It Work?
A ping pong robot is an interactive machine that serves the purpose of replacing a training partner in their absence. It shoots balls at the player across the table. The machine has a ball container with a shooting mechanism through which it serves users the balls.
A Ping pong robot can be modified in the settings so that the speed, angle, direction, and other characteristics associated with the ball’s trajectory suit the user’s needs. It comes with throw wheels (usually has varied numbers), which impart the speed and spin to the ball.
Expensive robots come with 2 or 3 throw wheels which give room for a better separation of spin and speed with a wider variety of spin and speed combinations.
Most robots require manual adjustment of the service setting whenever you want a change, but there are expensive ones that are programmable, and allow you to create customized sequences of drills that you can play randomly or one after another or randomly.
They can as well perform different ping pong techniques such as curving and slicing, but they aren’t available for purchase for now.
There are two kinds of robots; mechanical and portable ones. The former is usually bulkier and designed for large practice areas like sports centers and gymnasiums while the latter is battery operated, good for small spaces and for people with a limited budget.
Do You Really Need A Ping Pong Robot?
Why should you invest in a ping pong machine? Apart from having a robot as an ever-ready partner, there are some other pros to you owning a ping pong machine:
- You need a ping pong machine if you need to practice varieties of spins and experiment with different techniques.
- A Ping Pong machine also helps you to establish certain levels of speed and sharpen your skills.
- You need a ping pong machine if you are ready to test new devices such as balls, blades, different rubbers and be able to adjust to them.
- Ingraining some kinds of strokes into your “muscle memory” also become easier with this machine.
- Practicing footwork workouts over quick, intensive, and long-lasting sessions becomes easier.
- Do you need to practice as many times as you want? A ping pong machine is a training partner that cannot get bored or tired as the efforts and concentration dwindles.
- Be able to practice basic strokes repetitively with the same duplication degree for a better mastery of skills is another benefit you stand to enjoy.
- If you want to have fun, make your training sessions enjoyable and even meditate, you will love this robot.
- Ping Pong machines are designed to deliver more challenging, varied, and consistent training experience more than a training partner could ever do.
- They are much quicker in serving you balls once after another than a training partner, which helps you to practice more shots within a short period.
Disadvantages of a Ping Pong Robot
- The best models of these robots are yet to be made available for the public.
- Some training robots are not available to semi-professional and table tennis enthusiasts because they are so pricey as a result of the advanced models.
- Still, practicing with a ping pong machine can’t be exactly like what it is like with a human coach.
We hope our best ping pong trainers’ reviews are eye-opening and informative. After weighing the pros and cons while putting every factor mentioned on this guide into consideration, along with the products we have narrowed down to, we believe you should be able to make an informed buying decision when it comes to shopping for a ping pong trainer.
The top 5 table tennis training robots reviewed above in this guide have a higher reputation among both novice and professional table tennis players for practice purposes and before their matches.
Best Selling Ping Pong Robots
- Upgraded Intermediate version of the JT-A ZXMOTO ping-pong robot has upgraded remote control settings and training functions£º1.Onekey topspin/backspin/Onekey Direct service/ Irregular. 2.Irregular random landing spot, which increase the service intensity, so as to meet your more professional training needs.
- ZXMOTO ping pong robot can accommodate approximately 200 table tennis balls,please use the INTERNATIONAL STANDARD balls with diameter of 40mm (1.57 inches).
- Adjust ball frequency from 5–120 balls per minute for your ideal pace. Fine tune timing with IFC.
- Sequence together several drills so they run automatically either one after the other or randomly.
- Package List: table tennis robot+table tennis accessories(100 balls Random color :orange or white) .The remote control will still display the screen after pressing OFF if don't use for a long time like a week or 15days ,can take out the battery .
- Suz Table tennis serving machine to configure the wireless remote control to allow you to better operate the use of various function. According to your own preferences, adjust the position of the Table Tennis Training Robot
- Set Up Easy - No other tools or requipments are required, easy to install. (Note: 1.Please use the International Standard balls with diameter of 40mm (1.57 inches). 2.Please must use more than 15 balls to use this machine. If there are less than 15 balls, the balls will not come out.)
- Spin Ball - ZXMOTO Ping pong robot can deliver 36 kinds of spinning ball, Double-end serve (optional single serve), falling point is not fixed. You can adjust top spin, backspin, as well as any combination of those and sidespin.
- ZXMOTO Ping pong robot allows you to better operational use of the various functions of the machine.You can leave the ping pong table. Please use the INTERNATIONAL STANDARD balls with diameter of 40mm (1.57 inches)
- Will set the ball containers filled with ping-pong and accommodates approximately 120 table tennis balls (40mm balls).